When two teams that have the calibre of Manchester United and Tottenham of the English Premier League meet, there is bound to be some controversy. This passed weekend (Oct 30, 2010), the two sides met in what proved to be a very good, but dramatic, game. While Manchester United was leading 1-0, this following incident occurred:
After hearing Sir Alex Ferguson earlier this week confirm the situation with Wayne Rooney I could only think one thing: unbelievable! Other high profile players at Manchester United have left due to fall-outs with Sir Alex Ferguson, however, this situation is quite different.
The 4-5-1 formation has become an increasingly established European formation. Coaches and teams alike in Europe have proved it is – if played correctly – one of the most effective soccer formations.
Some of the notable teams that use this formation are:
- Spanish, European and world champions FC Barcelona;
- English Premier League champions and European runners-up Chelsea FC; and
- AC Milan of the Italian Serie A among others.
All of us are different. We all have different personalities, different views of what works and does not work and we all have our style. When I stay style, I am not referring to the clothes on your back; I am referring to your life style. We all walk differently, talk differently and live differently.
With so many professional managers in the world there are many things to consider when deciding who is the best of the best. Do they manage at club level? International level? What league do they manage? How much hardware do they have? How long have they been in charge at a club? The list is endless. However, one manager in particular stands out above them all and that is…
- Can I go through the wall with a hard shot? – I do not think so; it is too wide and I can barely see the net
- Can I go over the wall and dip it in? – I doubt I can get it over the wall and under the ball with enough pace to beat the keeper
- I need to get around the wall somehow, or at least make the wall break – my best bet might be to place it low in the corner.